- Fold laundry: FAIL. There was a huge pile in the living room and I couldn't help myself.
- Empty the dishwasher: FAIL. The dishes were piling up and I just couldn't stand it.
- Take out the trash, recycling, diaper pails, etc.: SUCCESS! Although I am paying the price today and have already had to empty both diaper pails, recycling and the kitchen trash.
- Worry about calories: MODERATE SUCCESS. I worried about them, but ate the cupcake anyway. This is pretty much the way I am everyday, so I can't say this had much to do with my birthday.
- Cook dinner: SUCCESS! I did not cook dinner for anyone. The kids had microwave popcorn for dinner and we brought in sushi. One of those is not true.
- Tell anyone who might sing to me that it is my birthday: FAIL. I mentioned it in Jelly's music class. There was a kid talking about how it was Dr. Seuss's birthday, and I told him it was mine also. So of course the class, led by the music teacher who I've known for a couple of years now, sang Happy Birthday at the the end.
- Listen to kid music in the car: SUCCESS! But as I mentioned we did have Jelly's music class, so I didn't escape entirely.
- Feel and/or complain about being old: MODERATE SUCCESS. I did not complain about being old, and I was doing okay until an email came through the moms group mailing list that said "I'm turning 30 and want to treat myself to a really nice face cream. Any recommendations?" Yeah, here's a recommendation: stop telling people you're turning 30.
March 3, 2011
Posted by Wantapeanut at 8:51 AM