I'm 38 and I have:
1. Eaten gyros in Greece, gelato in Italy and Fiduea in Barcelona.
2. Taken a 6 week bus tour across the U.S.
3. Been to Hawaii. Not on the bus tour.
4. Broken my two front teeth.
5. Been on a hot air balloon.
6. Been a camp counselor.
7. Celebrated my 30th birthday at French Laundry.
8. Tried out for a game show.
9. Starred in a TV commercial.
10. Had my picture taken with Jeff Garten (Barefoot Contessa Ina Garten's wife).
11. Broken up with someone on a plane.
12. Painted every room in my house except the kitchen.
13. Had a recurring dream that involved me being tossed in a salad.
14. Had two imaginary friends.
15. Owned a parakeet named Lucy.
16. Been on a gondola ride in Venice.
17. Been on a gondola ride in Las Vegas.
18. Met Bill Gates (twice).
|Peter DaSilva for The New York Times|
20. Buried my little brother.
21. Gotten out of a speeding ticket.
22. Lived a pretty good life so far.
This post written for Mama Kat's Pretty Much World Famous Writer's Workshop.